Educator Effectiveness & Professional Educator Compensation
The School District of Greenfield Professional Educator Compensation Model ("Model") is designed to:
1. Attract teachers to Greenfield;
2. Retain teachers in Greenfield;
3. Be sustainable based on revenue projections;
4. Be fair, transparent and easily understood; and,
5. Reward professional growth aligned with Educator Effectiveness and the District’s culture & mission.
The Model is driven by the professional growth of the Professional Educator as set forth in annual Professional Practice Goals (PPG). The development of PPGs and Student Learning Objectives (SLO) are key elements of the Educator Effectiveness System. Our focus is on the "teacher practice" portion of Educator Effectiveness. Therefore, the focus is entirely on the Professional Educator's PPGs (not the SLO). Professional Educators are supported in setting PPGs aligned with Educator Effectiveness and the District’s culture & mission. Accordingly, the goals will:
II. Professional Growth Process
As a part of the Educator Effectiveness requirements, all Professional Educators will complete a PPG and a SLO.
1. When a teacher is in a Formative, or Supporting Year, their required PPG will form the basis for the progression on the salary scale.
2. When a Professional Educator is in a Summative (Evaluation) Year, their evaluation and PPG will form the basis for progression on the salary scale.
All Professional Educators are designated as either in a Summative (Evaluation) Year or Formative (Supporting) Year. Professional Educators who are in their 1st or 2nd year, or have a significantly different teaching assignment, may request an exemption. Professional Educators seeking an Exemption will receive an annual evaluation.
Professional Educator Compensation Summary (updated Jan 2018)
E³ Plan (updated Jan 2018)
Timeline for 2017-18
Student Learning Objective (SLO) Guidance & Examples
Professional Practice Goal Exemplar-Example #1
Professional Practice Goal Exemplar-Example
Teacher Practice Rubric
Counselor Practice Rubric
Library Media Specialist Rubric
Instructional Specialist Rubric
Teacher Practice Exemption Application (Word Format)